Skip to main content

Manic Overload,writing to the rescue.

It has been a couple of weeks since I lasted posted on my blog, unfortunately my mind has been clogged up with negative energy which has often left me drained. On my profile I mentioned that I am juggling my writing with being a working mother, that is not even the half of it. For the last four years I have also had an ongoing legal battle with my ex husband. The best way to describe it is kind of the cancer in my life. There will be quiet periods where I will not hear from him then when I do it is a violent attack of negativity.Not only do I often loose the will to live, my creative impulses get eaten away. The life gets sucked out of me.

This week I have managed to somehow perk myself up and get back in the driving seat. However I am constantly switching gears. While attending to my daughter's often Diva like demands I am also slotting in time to read over court statements and having solicitors appointments. Of course the love of my life,  writing cannot and will not be neglected. This week I have also been preparing for my first stint as this months Writers Group Chairperson. A challenge I have never undertaken but was totally up for. During the week while I was picking up the debris for the mistake I made, my marriage. I had several moments of self doubt and wondered if I was just out of my depth.
Yesterday everything came together for me somehow. As I dropped my daughter off at her child minders, she was also in a very calm mood. She gave me the biggest hug and kiss ever as I left her to make my way to the Writers Group. Just the boast I needed.

I really enjoyed chairing it was a brilliant learning curve for me. The adrenaline rush continued in the evening when I got home, so I started putting this post together.
During these manic overloads I often forget the positives in life. After the week I had dealing with the legal case thank god I had chairing the Writers Group ahead of me. It really kept me sane, a true love in my life that has often given me back my zest for life.

Comments

  1. Maya,

    We all need a form of escapism, and there is nothing better than writing. Losing yourself in a story, taking yourself far away, and becoming whoever you want to be...Its good for the soul.

    I'm glad you enjoyed chairing at the writers' group, its wonderful to hear it went well.its a great way to boost your confidence too.

    It sounds like you have a lot going on - my advice would be to take a tiny bit of 'me' time every day. Even if its only fifteen minutes sitting with a pen and notebook. Quiet reflection is energising, and all writing is healthy.

    Keep your chin up, don't ever give up.
    In the words of the 'big man'

    “If you are going through hell, keep going.”
    Winston Churchill

    Have a good week.
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the pearls of wisdom my mentor and partner in crime. You are right writing can work at a very theraputic level too.

      Have a good weekend

      Maya

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Leave my idol alone!

My blog has been up and running for about four months now. Being a hardcore Madonna fan I feel on my part, it is very rude that this is only the second post I have done. However I can make up for it and I feel this post is a must. I have been following Madonna's MDNA tour and have been rather annoyed at the bad press my idol has been getting. Elton John has made comments that her career is over. If that is the case how do tickets for Madonna's concerts sell out so quickly. The cynics out there are always quick to pick on negatives and critisise people, but do not want to acknowledge the positives. Madonna is fifty plus and in her shows she sings, acts, dances and plays guitar. If anyone has ever seen the documentaries In Bed with Madonna and I'm Going To tell You A Secret, Madonna is very much at the forefront of the creative process of actually putting her shows together. People just want to critisise but fail to even acknowledge all these finer points. Madonna does no

A Real Life Yummy Mummy Photo Shoot.

All these gossip magazines are full of praise for how amazing people like Victoria Beckham look. People forget about the full entourage of nannies, make up artistes etc that she has. They say every picture tells a story and so far all my blog profile pictures have done this.  This recent picture was taken by a talented photographer friend of mine, Tony Lyons who I mentioned a few posts back. I raided my ever expanding wardrobe and chose all the outfits myself and did my own hair and make up. This was along with making breakfast for and getting a four and a half year old ready to drop off at childminders. I certainly was not chauffeur driven. After I dropped Nishka off at Childminders I went to the Writers Group then made my way to Tony's for the photo shoot. The photo shoot itself was fun, creative and collaborative. I am not a natural poser and actually do not like having my picture taken but Tony put me at ease. Also I do not like smiling when I am forced to and like to look

Candid Comeback

  Finally made my long awaited comeback! With events building up to the gig I wondered if I would pull it all together on the day. The weeks leading up to the big day were certainly eventful. I'm slowly getting multi tasking down to a fine Art. The preparation for the show was juggled between  school runs, parents evenings, doing homework with Nishka and of course my dreaded court case. On the day I mixed my backing track with my friend Tony, I was switching between mixing the track and going through a statement with my Lawyer for a court hearing. Two days before the performance I was actually in court. When I look back on all this now,  I feel I have more resilience than I credited myself with. On the morning of the show I woke up feeling excited about the day ahead and really soaked up all the events. Before collecting Nishka from school I even found time to do my nails! Once I collected Nishka and her childminder I gave Nishka her dinner, got her settled with homework an