Skip to main content

Eye Opening 2012 Part 2.




  

As I said in my previous post I learnt a lot about people in 2012. Many people close to me have been there for me unconditionally and never doubted me, even when I doubted myself. On the other hand I did get stabbed in the back by a few people who I held in high esteem,  rightly or wrongly. This taught me the real meaning of friendship with oneself. I have often been my own worst enemy, but after discovering my own inner strength, I have chosen to be my own best friend.That is my main resolution not just for 2013, but for life.

I composed the following poem last night as the year started drawing to an end. It is basically describing the journey I have been on this year.


My Eye Opening Journey
I look forward
and try no to look back.
A long winding road
now the journeys end.


To many I have said goodbye,
As they threw stones at my window,
when I picked up the glass,
no one to clean my blood stained hands.


As a single passenger
I travelled the world,
eyes always wide open,
now the opening of my third eye.

Unfounded smears on my character,
I pulled out the daggers out of my back,
the wounds sometimes hurt,
But they slowly fade into the mists of time.

I met a fellow passenger
and reunited with a lost soul,
our two worlds came together
we shared tears and laughter.

The loved ones who were there for me
When  I crumbled,
They put me back to together,
I found myself again.

I watched my little one grow,
she gave her heart to many a good cause,
venturing into the world alone
by my side, never letting me fall.


I look back with gratitude
I had some lucky escapes.
I venture into the new
and rise above the sorrow.



Comments

  1. Most poignant words. Happy New Year! May all your dreams come true. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Post Christmas Recovery Kit!

 To say this year is a festive season like no other is a massive understatement! Without a pandemic the festive period for separated families can be a time of doom and gloom. It is with this in mind I decided to release my current book " The Post-Divorce Recovery Kit" just before Christmas.  In 2014 I published " The Divorce Toolbox" which focused more on the legal proceedings around divorce, aimed at people who were at the decision-making stage of divorce or going through court proceedings. My current book looks more closely at ways of supporting children through the process. I have included a chapter about " The difficult firsts" where I have shared my story about Christmas away from my daughter for the first time.  As the festive period continues there is now the pandemic to factor in. If there are still difficulty with the non-resident parent, it will be even harder to make decisions and reach an agreement. I have also included a section about work...

Leave my idol alone!

My blog has been up and running for about four months now. Being a hardcore Madonna fan I feel on my part, it is very rude that this is only the second post I have done. However I can make up for it and I feel this post is a must. I have been following Madonna's MDNA tour and have been rather annoyed at the bad press my idol has been getting. Elton John has made comments that her career is over. If that is the case how do tickets for Madonna's concerts sell out so quickly. The cynics out there are always quick to pick on negatives and critisise people, but do not want to acknowledge the positives. Madonna is fifty plus and in her shows she sings, acts, dances and plays guitar. If anyone has ever seen the documentaries In Bed with Madonna and I'm Going To tell You A Secret, Madonna is very much at the forefront of the creative process of actually putting her shows together. People just want to critisise but fail to even acknowledge all these finer points. Madonna does no...

Back at The Y as a triple act!

I will be back at The Y in Leicester for the third time on Thursday June 20th at 7:30pm. This time not only will I be performing brand new material, I will also be introducing a collaborative project I have been working on, with two up and coming Indian classical musicians, Akash Parekh on Sitar and Rishii Chowdhury on Tabla. The three of us have formed together and called ourselves "Mayapee and the Half Moon Circle Nuts".  In October last year I put a couple of posts on my blog about this talented duo and it is a privilege to be working with them . Akash and Rishii have worked with various different artistes and between them have training in Indian Classical music and Western music. With the diverse knowledge the three of us bring to the table, we thought it would be very exciting to work together. The title of our piece is called " Burning a Dream" which explores the issue of bullying through poetry and Indian classical music. The raga's ( compositions)...